Science is a game changer for kiddos, and this experiment is one of our favorites! This Fizzy Color Science experiment will keep your kiddos entertained until you’ve used every last drop of your ingredients. Seriously!
Here’s what you’ll need: muffin tin, squirt bottles or syringes, Vinegar, food coloring, and Baking Soda.
1. Set your muffin tine inside a bigger container to keep liquid contained.
2. Add a couple drops food coloring to each part of the muffin tin.
3. Cover the food coloring with Baking Soda.
4. Fill your squirt bottles with half Vinegar and half water solution. (Apple Cider Vinegar works too if you’re in a pinch) Put the Vinegar mixture in a cup if you’re using syringes.
5. Help your kids make a hypothesis about what will happen when they add the Vinegar mixture to the muffin tins.
6. Squirt the Vinegar onto the Baking Soda and watch the Fizzy Color magic happen!
Pro tip: When your tins get filled up with the liquid, dump the liquid out and go again with the left-over baking soda. You can keep adding Baking Soda over and over again to extend the experiment. We played until we were out of soda and vinegar!